Helideck Assistant Training (HDA)
HELIDECK ASSISTANT (HDA)
OPITO has revised its Training Standards for HDA qualifications. The document HELIDECK OPERATIONS INITIAL TRAINING (HOIT) Standard rev. 0 Amendment 2 outlines the new standards for HLO and HDA certification.
In addition to holding a Dangerous Goods Certificate, the prospective Helideck Assistant now has to complete:
- The 2-day Helideck Operations Initial Training (HOIT) (NOW ONLINE)
- The 3-day Helicopter Emergency Response Team Member (HERTM) (NOW ONLINE)
On completion of these 2 courses, the candidate can be certified as a HDA.
Flight Safety Africa offers both the 2-day HOIT course and the 3-day HERTM course, or online at https://flightsafetyafrica.matrixlms.com/, in order for the certified candidate to be OPITO COMPLIANT, as per the requirement of IOGP Report 590.
Flight Safety Africa can recommend a CAA Certified on-line course for the Dangerous Goods Certificate.
For more details see HOIT and HERTM
IOGP Report 590 allows for the Certification of the HDA to be OPITO COMPLIANT. Flight Safety Africa now offers a 5-day combined HOIT and HERTM course that is fully OPITO Compliant, covering all aspects of the required Helideck Operations Initial Training and Helicopter Emergency Response Training.
The Combined HOIT and HERTM course covers:
- Legal references for all Helideck Operations
- Helicopter and Helideck Management systems and potential hazards
- HDA normal operations and emergency responsibilities during landing and take-off on both attended and normally unattended installations.
- Supervision of Passengers and cargo handling
- Emergency response preparedness
- Desktop practical for HDA Emergency Response scenarios
Price of the course on request.
Contact us to arrange a date and venue that will suit you!
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call +27 (0) 83 263 4439